Chapter 3 pages 74-109
Chapter 3 Overview
This chapter covers the kinetic theory of matter, changes of state, the law of conservation of mass, and the law of conservation of energy. This chapter then introduces the characteristics and behavior of fluids. This chapter ends with the properties and behavior of gases, as well as Boyle’s, Charles’s, and Gay-Lussac’s laws.
Chapter 3 Section 1 Matter and Energy
1. What makes up matter?
2. What is the difference between a solid, liquid, and a gas?
3. What kind of energy do all particles of matter have?
Chapter 3 Section 2
1. What happens when a substance changes from one state of matter to another?
2. What happens to mass and energy during physical and chemical changes?
Chapter 3 Section 3
1. How do fluids exert pressure?
2. What force makes a rubber duck float in a bath tub?
3. What happens when pressure in a fluid changes?
4. What affects the speed of a fluid in motion?
Chapter 3 Section 4
1. What are some properties of gases?
2. How can you predict the effects of pressure, temperature, and volume changes on a gas?